Contestants present a five- to seven- minute speech on any subject they choose. All districts must conduct this contest.
- Clubs run contests Jan 8-Feb 18
- Areas run contests Feb 19-Mar 13
- Divisions run contests Mar 14-Apr 1
- District finals at the District Spring Conference (date to be determined).
- Areas with four or less clubs will allow 2 contestants per club.
- Divisions with four areas or less will allow 2 contestants per area.
- Clubs determine how they conduct their club contest.
- Area contests will be online, division contests will be hybrid, and the district contest will be in person at the District 123 Conference.
Find speech contests resources here
See contest dates and events